MINUTES OF MEETING 1st SEPTEMBER 2022
GRINDLEFORD PARISH COUNCIL – MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 1 September 2022 at 7 pm at the Pavilion.
Present: Robert Wilson, Chair; Peter O’Brien, John Morton, Ray Whiteley. Sarah Battarbee, Clerk.
APOLOGIES John Mottershaw, Elizabeth Coe, Hilary Hart, Andrew Battarbee, Rob Tamlyn.
- COUNTY COUNCILLOR’S REPORT – Cllr Sutton was thanked for providing references for the work on Grindleford Bridge and for cones on the Hathersage junction, (which latter he has been working on with Cllr O’Brien). He reported Bakewell Health Club will be up and running by end of 2023/start of 2024, and will be providing 10 clinics, including mental health and diabetes.
- DISTRICT COUNCILLOR’S REPORT – there is to be a consultation on the proposed Mayor of Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire. Severn Trent’s plans for the new pumping station/s should be with us in the next couple of months. Eyam and Hathersage churches are providing warm hubs for the winter coming (Grindleford church is also doing this). There was brief discussion about what activities might be laid on to give people something to do.
- POLICE REPORT – there was none.
- MINUTES OF LAST MEETING. These were agreed as a true record pro JSM sec RWh.
- MATTERS ARISING: it was agreed to have a Christmas tree again this year. RW will put in a sleeve to stand it in.
Andrew McCloy PDNPA authority had replied to the email from RW about BBQs, and a short response had been sent. A positive response had also been received from Cllr Ainsworth, Fire Service.
20’s Plenty stickers were handed out at the Hortisoc show, with a warning to only display them on private land, and spares left in the shop. A report on a 20’s Plenty campaign in Coldharbour in Surrey, spotted by RT, was given by Clerk who has relations there.
PO’B attended Parishes Day because of his interest in affordable housing and the local plan.
- FLOODING – STANDING ITEM
The flood group has met and set as its first priorities progressing the levels survey which was kindly done by EA, and the puddle outside the Post Office. There has been small progress on the removal of the driftwood pile under the pipe.
RW asked for more sand for sandbags for the next floods. PO’B to action.
Clerk to get waders and possibly a dedicated phone.
- CLIMATE CHANGE EMERGENCY DECLARATION – STANDING ITEM
Christmas Event – it was agreed to hold a Christmas event after last year’s fell to Covid. EV charging points – Cllrs agreed in principle to support an application for funding if a sensible case can be made. Clerk has written to the Energy Trust, and found a contact at DCC to pursue.
- HIGHWAY MATTERS
Update on speed mitigation measures
- PLANNING MATTERS
NP/DDD/0822/1106 Hog Hall, Leadmill, Hathersage. Proposed creation of a bay window/screen door to the rear of existing kitchen. In support.
- PLANNING DECISIONS
There were no accounts to be paid.
12 . CORRESPONDENCE:
Jubilee Gardens – agreed to fund an additional mow in September.
Exemption SAA – agreed not to opt out.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING – 6 October 2022.
As there was no further business the Chair closed the meeting at 8.30 pm.
Clerk to the Council