GRINDLEFORD PARISH COUNCIL – MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 11 August at 7 pm at the Pavilion.
Present: Robert Wilson, Chair; Elizabeth Coe, Hilary Hart, Peter O’Brien, John Morton, Ray Whiteley, Rob Tamlyn, AP Battarbee. Sarah Battarbee, Clerk.
APOLOGIES John Mottershaw, Cllr Sutton, PC Boswell.
- COUNTY COUNCILLOR’S REPORT – there was none.
- DISTRICT COUNCILLOR’S REPORT – there had been discussion about prosperity funding allocated to DDDC to replace European money. Funding for between £4K and £12K can be accessed through District Cllrs. After a presentation by local residents and Cllrs O’Brien and Tamlyn, objecting to disturbance by Network Rail, there is to be a meeting to discuss what steps can be taken. Cllrs thanked Cllr O’Brien. Cllr Tamlyn and residents.
- POLICE REPORT – there was none.
- MINUTES OF LAST MEETING These were agreed as a true record pro PO’B and RT.
- MATTERS ARISING:
EC said she would distribute 20’s Plenty signs at the Horticultural Show via the raffle stand.
Local Plan. Circulated to Cllrs on 3 June, PO’B will collate comments.
Fire on Whin Hill. RW will write to Andrew McCloy at PDNPA in reply to AM’s reply.
Defibrillator. There is no further news about its whereabouts. Agreed that P’OB would kindly contribute £100 and PC and the GPFA would split the rest. All in favour.
- FLOODING – STANDING ITEM
The flood action plan was reviewed. Cllrs were allocated to each thread of the plan as follows, as primary liaison points on the Council. The action plan has been circulated to the new flood group who are setting up their first meeting.
Clerk to send a photo of the debris under the pipe to our contact at EA.
- CLIMATE CHANGE AND BIODIVERSITY EMERGENCY DECLARATION – STANDING ITEM
Review of Action Plan – the action plan was reviewed. Actions are in the main being pursued by local groups. As with flooding, Cllrs were allocated to each thread of the plan as follows, as primary liaison points on the Council.
- HIGHWAY MATTERS
Speed signs and cones. Clerk submitted a summary paper of possibilities and previous discussions. PO’B said he would pursue getting some cones for the junction with Cllr Sutton. It was agreed to ask James Adams, our contact at DCC on traffic issues, to meet separately with Cllrs to talk about what might be possible in terms of speeding signage. This would include village ‘gates’ like the ones at Hope, coming in from Calver. Clerk to contact.
The closure of the bridge at Froggatt for repairs was noted. Clerk to chase DCC about repairs to Grindleford Bridge.
Parking at Longshaw has again started to be a problem. Clerk to email PC Boswell about renewing police checks. 52 cars were counted recently.
- PLANNING MATTERS
There were none
- PLANNING DECISIONS:
NP/DDD/0422/0505. Grindleford Model Laundry, the Old Boiler House, Main Road, Grindleford. Conversion and partial demolition of an existing Boiler House to a decommissioned Laundry and redevelopment of the site to create a high quality dwelling house with associated courtyard landscaping. Refused on a number of grounds.
Bus shelter cleaning
It was Pro JSM Sec RWh that these accounts be paid.
Jubilee Gardens – there is funding for one more mow this year. Mark Bristow had done some planting and repaired the flags.
HH’s excellent article on recycling was approved for inclusions on the website. Injurious weeds – there has been some contact between Natural England and the farmer, with some limited action, although the problem is far from solved. A further update to follow as the year progresses. EV charging points – Council agreed that if a workable case can be made which meets its approval, it would be prepared to consider giving Clerk permission to apply for the 60% grant available to Parish Councils to cover installation costs. It was noted that the EV charging points would not be Council property or responsibility and no Council funding would be involved. The decision went to vote and was carried 6 – 2 with JSM and RWh voting against.
Litterpick. There were only half a dozen or so replies to the call to join a WhatsApp group to replace the current group, the organiser of which is stepping back.
Parking by the church. EC provided a photograph of parking on the pavement which would prevent wheelchairs and prams from getting through. Clerk has written to the shop manager asking him to raise it with the shop and church.
New playground. Clerk reported that there had been interest from other Councils.
Parishes Day 1 October. Cllr Battarbee may be able to attend. Clerk will attend.
Clerk vacancies in Derbyshire. For future reference Clerk pointed out to Council that there are currently a large number of vacancies being advertised, and broadly speaking Grindleford is paying about half what other similar Councils are offering. This is not a current issue but will need considering when the incumbent moves on. One point to note is that Grindleford Council does not have responsibility for either the burial ground or the playground which most other Councils do.
Grindleford News editors. The current editors are retiring after the January 2023 edition so new editors need to be found.
September meeting. Clerk asked all Councillors to note that the next meeting is on 1 September not 8 September, as advertised in the list of meeting dates at the start of the year.
John Morton to write the next website article.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING – 1 September 2022.
As there was no further business the Chair closed the meeting at 8.45 pm.
Clerk to the Council