GRINDLEFORD PARISH COUNCIL – MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON
12 September at 7.30pm IN THE BISHOP PAVILION.
Presentation by Gill Hutchinson about the toilet twinning initiative. Gill asked the Council whether they would be prepared to put forward £60 plus £3 for postage in order to twin a toilet. The location of the twinned toilet could be anywhere in the world, Gill outlined the enormous health benefits to those communities with this simple donation.
Gill offered to match whatever donation the Parish Council felt able to make. A block of six toilets costs £240. Discussion about the presentation is covered under item below.
Present: Elizabeth Coe, Acting Chairman; Andrew Battarbee, Hilary Hart, John Mottershaw, Peter O’Brien, Rob Tamlyn, Ray Whiteley. Sarah Battarbee, Clerk.
Apologies: John Morton and Robert Wilson.
- County Councillor’s report. Cllr Twigg spoke about the quiet lane initiative and the street light outside the school in Grindleford
2. District Councillor’s report. P O’B reported no activity for this period.
3. Police report. There was none.
4. Minutes of the last meeting had been circulated to all members before the meeting. They were Pro HH Sec PO’B as being a true record approved and signed.
5. Matters arising.
· Following on from PC Boswell’s report of damage to a bench at the previous meeting, HH reported some thefts at Stoke, from a car and a stable block. She stressed the need for residents to lock their property.
· Charging points: this Council’s response to the County Council’s initiative was considered again. This is an important issue but there are many difficulties. It was agreed to take it forward to the next meeting.
· Climate Change Action meeting – Parish Councillors agreed to attend if they could.
6. Planning Matters
· NP/DDD/0619/0682 Leam Farm, unnamed road from junction leading to Torr Farm to Sir William Hill. Erection of a general purpose agricultural building, for storage of hay straw and fodder. Request for further support. Recommend approval.
· NP/DDD/0619/0679 Fiveways Maynard Road Grindleford. Removal or variation of conditions 2 and 3. Withdrawal of application. Noted. PO’B said it was important to insist on enforcement of the conditions within a reasonable timescale.
· Yellow lines at the Longshaw junction. The Clerk undertook to find out what was the process for this and see if any progress can be made.
· A letter from a resident affected by new works to the railway line has been responded to. Network Rail and the Buckingham Group have held a public meeting with those living nearby.
· Phone box: a notice has gone up about the phone box in the village. Unless it can be adopted for £1 by a group or individual it will be removed. It is in a parlous state and will need some money spending in it. Whoever takes it on will be responsible for ongoing maintenance. A letter from BT setting out the conditions of taking the box on is awaited.
9. There being no further business the acting chair closed the meeting at 8.20 pm.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING– Thursday 10 October 2019
Clerk to the Council