MINUTES OF MEETING 19 FEBRUARY 2023
Present: Robert Wilson, Chair; Elizabeth Coe, Peter O’Brien, John Morton, Hilary Hart, Andrew Battarbee, Ray Whiteley, Rob Tamlyn. Cllr Sutton, PC Boswell. Sarah Battarbee Clerk was unable to attend: Cllr Battarbee took the note.
1. COUNTY COUNCILLOR’S REPORT – Cllr Sutton reported that there was a £500 fund for councils wishing to run a coronation event.
2. DISTRICT COUNCILLOR’S REPORT – District Cllr O’Brien is meeting Network Rail on 6 March.
3. POLICE REPORT – a theft from a motor vehicle with respect to a catalytic converter, 10 January. There had been a dog attack where another dog had needed stitches. PC Boswell said that crime prevention notices would be put up when there was a reason to do so. Dog control orders might be possible, eg muzzle training, only adults can walk dogs. Parking; PC Boswell suggested photographing examples of bad or inconsiderate parking and sending them to the civil parking department. Parking where there are solid white lines in the middle of the road is a bookable offence and there are signs. The Council needs to complain formally, rather than leaving it to the police. PC Boswell would send links.
4. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING. These were agreed as a true record, with the amendment that Cllr Tamlyn was present at the January meeting. Pro APB sec HH.
5. MATTERS ARISING:
Puddle outside the Old Post Office – Dave Kirkup and JW have dug a drainage channel to the river as a temporary measure. Clerk to send a letter from the Chair to DCC Highways.
New Editors for the Grindleford News – it was agreed that the post should be advertised as a paid post. RW has spoken to one of the current editors who estimates about 15 – 20 hours a quarter to compile the News. An hourly rate was not agreed. For further discussion at the next meeting.
FLOODING – STANDING ITEM
The flood group hosted a meeting of residents affected by flooding over the riverbank after the bridge. (Residents upstream who are flooded in different ways were contacted and told about the work which is going on in parallel to try to mitigate flooding issues relating the them.) Cllr Battarbee was in attendance, RW was unable to attend as he had a prior engagement. An elevation-to-distance chart has been created from the Lidar measurements by Anton Cannel, who was thanked; it allows the low points in the riverbank to be accurately identified with a view to filling them. A number of solutions to flooding along the bank have been investigated. Flood group members are working on a costed proposal to bring to Council at the March meeting, this proposal may be in two stages. Fortunately the La Nina weather event has started to break down so Met Office warnings of severe floods in February across the country have abated.
6. CLIMATE CHANGE EMERGENCY DECLARATION – STANDING ITEM
20’s Plenty: HH had attended a meeting where all Hope Valley villages committed to 20s Plenty. Grindleford Parish Council agreed to remain in full support and to play our part in lobbying. In the absence of the clerk any further discussion on climate action was deferred to next month.
8. HIGHWAY MATTERS
The 30 mph sign coming into the village from Calver seems to be working sporadically. Clerk has reported it to DCC.
Holes in New Road – HH has contacted Openreach who have been to make them safe. There is still a cable to be buried.
9. PLANNING MATTERS
NP/DDD/1222/1610 https://portal.peakdistrict.gov.uk Padley Gate, Main Road, Nether Padley, Grindleford. Single storey rear extension accompanying a two storey side extension. Support in principle provided that neighbours have been adequately consulted.
10 PLANNING DECISIONS:
NP/DDD/1022/1340 https://portal.peakdistrict.gov.uk. Installation of a stormwater drain to prevent localised flooding and potholing. Resurfacing of the area of hardstanding used for residential private parking. Longshaw Lodge, unnamed track from Froggatt Edge to District Boundary. Granted.
It was pro EC sec JM that these accounts be paid.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING – 9 March 2023
As there was no further business the Chair closed the meeting at 7.50 pm.
Clerk to the Council