Minutes of meeting March 9th 2023
GRINDLEFORD PARISH COUNCIL – MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 16 MARCH 2023 AT 7 PM IN THE PAVILION, POSTPONED FROM 9 MARCH DUE TO WEATHER CONDITIONS
Present: Robert Wilson, Chair; John Morton (who had to leave at 8 pm to attend GPFA), Hilary Hart, Andrew Battarbee, Ray Whiteley, Rob Tamlyn. Sarah Battarbee Clerk
APOLOGIES Elizabeth Coe, Peter O’Brien, Cllr Sutton, PC Anthony Boswell.
- COUNTY COUNCILLOR’S REPORT – none, Cllr Sutton was unable to attend due to the changed date.
- DISTRICT COUNCILLOR’S REPORT – * a 2.94% rise in Council Tax (major savings to be achieved next and subsequent years)
* the meeting with Network Rail, on the possible relocation of the engineering facility at the station, was postponed (by NR) – to be urgently rearranged
* I have given you details of the new Community Resilience Fund. Could be more ambitious than just ‘gates’?
* a review of the use and benefits of the Residents Parking Permit is underway (PC to express a view?). I think there should be some sort of equivalent to encourage bus use – tho not both to the same family
* card payments at DDDC car parks are to be phased out, in favour of PaybyPhone. Some concern that this may disadvantage people, especially older, who do not have or use mobile phones. PC views?
* the Council Leader resigned (from the Tory Party and the Council) last week, in the light of revelations regarding ‘promises’ made to a leading tourist attraction in respect of sites for traveller families
- POLICE REPORT – PC Boswell provided links to report bad parking these being;
- MINUTES OF LAST MEETING. These were agreed as a true record, Pro RT sec JM.
- MATTERS ARISING:
Puddle outside the Old Post Office – Clerk sent a letter to DCC on behalf of the Chair. JM reported that DCC came to look at the drain repair job.
New Editors for the Grindleford News – it was agreed that the News should go online and the editor should be advertised as a paid post for £1000 a year, to be invoiced to Council. Clerk to advertise on this basis.
FLOODING – STANDING ITEM
The flood group hope to bring a proposal to the May meeting as Council is now in purdah. Discussion delayed until then.
- CLIMATE CHANGE EMERGENCY DECLARATION – STANDING ITEM
- HH attended the 20s Plenty meeting. DCC score at level 1(low) across the range of categories local leadership/basic plans, delivery record, self assessment.
- HIGHWAY MATTERS
Speedwatch signs are being trialled. RWh is looking after their acquisition. PO’B is meeting Severn Trent.
- PLANNING MATTERS
NP/DDD/0223/0111 https://portal.peakdistrict.gov.uk Cabrachan, Sir William Hill Road,
Grindleford. Change of use of agricultural land to residential and creation of parking area
with extended driveway. In support.
NP/GDO/0922/1163 Telecoms GPDO – Proposed upgrade to the existing replica
telegraph pole, junction of The Lane and Station Road, Hathersage.
Appeal Reference: APP/M9496/W/ 22/3311307.
Appeal Start Date: 17 February 2023. Noted.
NP/DDD/0223/0186 https://portal.peakdistrict.gov.uk Grindleford Model Laundry Co
Limited, The Old Boiler House , Main Road, Grindleford. Erection of a bat loft and
domestic store. In support.
NP/DDD/0223/0189 https://portal.peakdistrict.gov.uk Grindleford Model Laundry Co
Limited, The Old Boiler Room, Main Road, Grindleford. Conversion and partial
demolition of an existing former Boiler House to a decommissioned Laundry (formerly
Grindleford Model Laundry) and redevelopment of the site to create a high quality
live/work unit with associated courtyard landscaping. In support.
NP/DDD/1222/1610 https://portal.peakdistrict.gov.uk Single storey rear extension
accompanying a two storey side extension Padley Gate, Main Road, Nether Padley,
Grindleford. Please note that the above planning application is now considered to have been withdrawn. Noted.
- PLANNING DECISIONS:
Appeal Ref: APP/M9496/W/22/3299856 River View, Tedgness Road, Nether Padley, Grindleford S32 2HX The appeal is made under section 78 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 against a failure to give notice within the prescribed period of a decision on an application for planning permission. The appeal is made by Blenheim Architects against Peak District National Park Authority. The application Ref NP/DDD/0921/1014, is dated 16 September 2021. Appeal refused.
It was pro HH sec APB that these accounts be paid.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING – 9 February 2023
As there was no further business the Chair closed the meeting at 7.50 pm.
Clerk to the Council